Halogen-Free Plugs, Connectors and Receptacles
Volex is a leading manufacturer and supplier of power cord related products such as halogen-free plugs, connectors and receptacles. Volex halogen-free plugs, halogen-free connectors and halogen-free receptacle products are sold to manufacturers for a broad range of electrical and electronic devices, equipment, appliances, and many other applications.
Whether the end-use requires frequent plugging and unplugging, or plug and forget, Volex will have the right product solution to meet your design requirements.
Volex offers the following halogen-free plug, connector and receptacle products portfolio below:
- Halogen-free world-wide range of safety approvals for applicable plug types (A, B, C, D, E/F, G, H, I, J K, L, M & N)
- Straight and angled halogen-free plugs
- Halogen-free plugs with flat and/or round pins
- Halogen-free standard or housing/anti-tracking plugs
- Halogen-free plugs with non-insulated or insulated pins
- Halogen-free fused or non-fused plugs
They can also be called: halogen-free 2 point plugs, halogen-free 3 point plugs, halogen-free 2-pole plugs, halogen-free earthing plug, halogen-free 2 prong plugs, halogen-free 3 prong plugs, halogen-free 2 wire plugs, halogen-free 3 wire plugs.
Halogen-Free Plugs, Connectors and Receptacles Technical Information
Volex halogen-free plugs, connectors and receptacles are offered with many different options and customisation. For these product lines, customisation options include:
- Halogen-free plug profile (shape of over-mold, cable grips, thumb grip, strain-relief, etc.)
- Halogen-free overmould hardness and/or texture
- Pin blade texture finishes and plating
- Halogen-free plug/connector overmould and cable jacket color variants
- Special markings on halogen-free plugs/connectors or cable jacket
- Halogen-free cable jacket texture and/or softness
- Halogen-free cable length variants and flexibility and/or reliability performance to suit application.
- Special hanking/binding methods and packaging (labels, pin caps, PE bags)
Other customisations available
What are Halogen-Free Plugs, Connectors and Receptacles?
Halogen-free plugs, connectors and receptacles are similar to standard power cords but use halogen-free compounds as the overmould instead of PVC. Halogen-free materials are a safer alternative to PVC and other materials since they do not emit hazardous gases in a fire.
Volex established a specification for halogen-free products to comply with maximum allowable concentration of chlorine and bromine in homogeneous material as described in IEC 61249-2-21 or as per customer requirement if requested.
IEC 61249-2-21 Control Limits:
|Substance Name||Max. % Conc.||in PPM|
|Chlorine + Bromine||0.15%||1500 ppm|
Volex includes antimony trioxide (Sb2O3) as part of substance restriction for halogen-free products.
Applications / Markets for Halogen-Free Plugs, Connectors and Receptacles
Halogen-free plugs, connectors and receptacles from Volex are used in a wide variety of applications and markets. Examples include:
Business and IT Peripherals
- Laptops and Notebooks
- Point of Sale Systems
- Uninterruptible Power Supplies (UPS)
- Game Consoles
- Sound Systems
DIY and other Equipment and Appliances
- Extension Cords
- Power Tools
- Pressure Washers
- Replacement Power Cords
- Sewing Machines
- Water and Air Pumps
- Air Conditioners
- Microwave Ovens
- Refrigerators and Freezers
- Steam Irons
- Vacuum Cleaners
- Washing Machines
- Clinical Diagnostics
- Medical Therapy Systems
- Patient Care Systems
- Patient Monitoring
- Surgical Systems
- Hair Curlers and Dryers
Features of Halogen-Free Plugs, Connectors and Receptacles
Volex halogen-free plugs, connectors and receptacles offer different features to suit customer needs. Volex halogen-free plugs, connectors and receptacles:
- Are designed with built in quality through sound component selection and applied best industry manufacturing practices
- Pass the stringent reliability test standards required by various safety agencies world-wide
- Are matched with quality electrical cables that use virgin copper and meets required safety standards
- Pass through 100% in-line continuity testing to deliver expected performance in the market
- Are updated to meet latest safety and environmental regulatory standards
Why Choose Volex for Halogen-Free Plugs, Connectors and Receptacles?
Volex customers of halogen-free plugs, connectors and receptacles benefit from strong technical expertise and global manufacturing and delivery. The Volex global factory footprint, which includes tariff-free manufacturing sites, an efficient global supply chain, and logistics support, enables reduced product lead times and efficient cost management. Volex engineering teams can customise halogen-free solutions to a customer’s specific requirements and provide quick-turn custom design samples supported by skilled local sales and field applications engineering (FAE) teams.
Dynamic design and development capabilities support Volex’ diverse product portfolios. Rigid reliability tests, and 100% electrical tests, ensure total product performance. Volex always strives to fulfil customer expectations in the best way possible.
Reasons to select Volex for halogen-free plugs, connectors and receptacles include:
- Volex is one of the first in the industry to have a wide range of halogen-free products
- Strong design capability allows Volex to meet the highest cosmetic standards and pass the most stringent test requirements on various products
- Volex offers many desired product features and applies best manufacturing processes to achieve strong product performance and reliability
In-house capability to extrude cables offers better control of quality, faster product launches, and shorter delivery lead-times