EV Charging Grid Plug / Electric Vehicle Grid Plugs
Volex is a leading manufacturer and supplier of EV charging plugs / electric vehicle grid plugs. Volex offers:
- EV charging grid plugs with single thermistor
- EV charging grid plugs with dual thermistor
They are also called:
- EV charging grid plugs with single negative temperature coefficient (NTC)
- EV charging grid plugs with dual negative temperature coefficient (NTC)
EV Charging Grid Plug, Electric Vehicle Grid Plug Technical Information
Volex’s customised electric vehicle (EV) charging grid plugs are designed to meet industry standards, regulatory and respective country-specific compliance requirements ensuring compatibility with various regional grid-plug interfaces while delivering reliability, durability, and safety. With Volex’s enhanced temperature sensing design solutions, any signal of over-heating during charging will trigger a faster system reaction.
- Precision temperature sensing embedded on plug end
- IP67/IP68 Ingress Protection (SR cable entry and plug interface)
- Abrasion, aging, drive-over
- High durability (UV and sunlight resistant resin types for outdoor compliance)
- Operating Temp: -40°C to +90°C
- Ultrasonic Wire Welding – USCAR38 (High amperage)
- Mechanical crimping compliant to USCAR21
- Safety feature (high-temp or overcharge sensing)
- Custom reliability and EV standards testing
Applications / Markets for EV Charging Grid Plug, Electric Vehicle Grid Plug
EV charging grid plugs are used around the world for Type 1, Type 2, and GB/T connectivity and charging. Volex grid plugs are custom manufactured to meet the safety needs and specifications of the following countries, regions and charging standards.
- IEC 60309
- NEMA 5-15, 5-20, 6-15, 6-20 (All Styles up to 20A)
- NEMA 14-50, 14-30, 6-50, TT-30, 10-30 (All Styles up to 50A)
- South Africa
What are EV Charging Grid Plugs?
EV grid plugs are used in electric vehicle charging applications to connect AC supply network using charging control box to a standard socket-outlet utilising a cable and plug.
Benefits of Electric Vehicle Grid Plugs
Volex offers world-wide EV grid cord solutions that are designed for electric vehicle charging applications:
- Management of thermals, temperature sensing and response time accuracy
- Lowest possible resistance at connectivity
- Knowledge and safety navigation
- Temperature sensing EV grid plug has ability to detect change in temperature and send a signal to the control box to prevent over-heating and can disconnect power
- Volex EV cable designs consist of either 2 core or 3 core signal wire leads for temperature sensing interconnectivity
- Full product level traceability in serial production
- Custom product styling available upon request
Why Choose Volex for EV Charging Grid Plugs?
Volex is a global manufacturer and supplier of EV charging grid plugs and electric vehicle grid plugs with extensive power products expertise in the automotive industry. With early design engagement and involvement, Volex contributes to solving complex engineering problems for its customers. Volex understands its markets, utilises quality standards, and excels at product development and OEM manufacturing.
Contact Volex for EV Charging Grid Plugs / Electric Vehicle Grid Plugs
Contact Volex for further assistance with EV charging grid plugs and electric vehicle grid plugs.