Mini-SAS HD PCIe Cable
Volex’s External Mini-SAS HD PCIe copper cable assemblies are a high-performance storage interconnect solution compliant with SFF-8614 shielded module form factor standard and the PCI-SIG External Cabling Specification 3.0, supporting Cable Management Interface (CMI) sideband signaling. The cable assembly is available in 4X and 8X configuration and maximises PCIe Gen 3 and Gen 4 NVMe drives and storage array performance. Volex offers:
- PCIe 3.0 Cable
- PCIe 4.0 Cable
Applications / Markets for Mini-SAS HD PCIe Cable
External Mini-SAS HD PCIe cable is used for interconnecting data centre server and storage devices for the following:
- HBAs (Host Bus Adapters)
- JBOFs (Just a Bunch of Flash)
- JBODs (Just a Bunch of Disks)
- RAIDs (Redundant Array of Independent Disks)
- Direct-Attached Storage (DAS)
- Storage Arrays
What is External Mini-SAS HD PCIe Cable?
Volex external Mini-SAS HD PCIe cables are copper cable assemblies with shielded pluggable modules compliant with SFF-8614 shielded cage/connector standard. SFF-8614 mini multilane (4X and 8X lanes) interface has become the standard storage external interface in data centres supporting 8Gbps per lane for PCIe Gen 3 and 16 Gbps per lane for PCIe Gen 4.
Benefits of External Mini-SAS HD PCIe Cable
Volex external Mini-SAS HD PCIe cables maximise PCIe Gen 3 and 4 NVMe drives and storage array performance. Benefits include:
- Near-zero power consumption, low heat dissipation, very low cost
- Complete cable assembly uniquely terminated at the factory to provide the most reliable operation
- 100% tested for signal integrity with serial number traceability
- Product customisation available to meet customer specifications
- Production capacity to meet mega sized global data centre demand
- Innovative design development to support next-generation interconnect technology and deployment
Why Choose Volex for External Mini-SAS HD PCIe Cable?
The Volex engineering team can customise a solution to a customer’s specific requirements and provide quick turn custom design samples supported by skilled local sales and field applications engineering (FAE) teams. The Volex global factory footprint, which includes tariff-free manufacturing sites, an efficient global supply chain and logistics support, enables reduced product lead time and efficient cost management.
By partnering with Volex on data centre high-speed interconnect solutions, customers benefit from strong technical expertise and manufacturing prowess to help future-proof data centres and fulfil infrastructure development and growth goals.
Contact Volex for External Mini-SAS HD PCIe Cable
Contact Volex for further assistance with external Mini-SAS HD PCIe cable.