Power Cords, Plugs, Connectors, Receptacles
Volex is a leading manufacturer and supplier of power cords, plugs, connectors and receptacles. Volex power cord products are sold to manufacturers for a broad range of electrical and electronic device, equipment and appliance applications.
Whether the end-use requires frequent plugging and unplugging, or plug and forget, Volex will have the right power product solution to meet your design requirements.
Volex offers the power cords, plugs, connectors and receptacles portfolio below:
- 2 Pin Plugs and 3 Pin Plugs
- Cord Reels
- Halogen-Free Plugs, Connectors and Receptacles
- High Amp/Current Plugs, Twist Lock Plugs and Receptacles
- Hospital Grade Plugs
- NEMA Plugs and Receptacles
- Plug Connectors, Plug Receptacles, IEC Connectors
- Plugs Types (A, B, C, D, E, F, F/G, G, H, I, J, K, L, N)
- Power Cord Sets, Power Cords and Jumper Cords
- Power Distribution Units, PDUs
- Splash-Proof Plugs, Connectors and Receptacles
- Splitters, Duo Cords and Trident Cords
- V-Lock Locking Connectors and Receptacles, IEC Locking Connectors
- V-Novus Hybrid Compact/Slim Plugs and Connectors
- Wires and Cables
Applications / Markets for Power Cords, Plugs, Connectors and Receptacles
Power cords, plugs, connectors and receptacles from Volex are used in a wide variety of applications and markets. Examples include:
Business and IT Peripherals
- Laptops and Notebooks
- Point of Sale Systems
- Game Consoles
- Sound Systems
DIY and other Equipment and Appliances
- Extension Cords
- Power Tools
- Pressure Washers
- Replacement Power Cords
- Sewing Machines
- Water and Air Pumps
- Air Conditioners
- Microwave Ovens
- Refrigerators and Freezers
- Steam Irons
- Vacuum Cleaners
- Washing Machines
- Clinical Diagnostics
- Medical Therapy Systems
- Patient Care Systems
- Patient Monitoring
- Surgical Systems
- Hair Curlers and Dryers
What are Power Cords, Plugs, Connectors and Receptacles?
Power cords, plugs, connectors and receptacles are made to deliver electric power from outlet to device.
Plugs are mated to a power source, usually a wall socket, and pass electricity through the cable’s copper conductors and to the connector or female plug which is engaged to an appliance, device, or equipment.
Plug connectors or receptacles are similar to plugs and connectors but with shrouds to promote end user safety and ensure compatibility with its male or female counterparts.
Features of Power Cords, Plugs, Connectors and Receptacles
Volex power cords, plugs, connectors and receptacles offer different features to suit customer needs.
- Diverse product portfolio availability across countries
- Custom solutions for enhanced performance and reliability
- Modern looking, compact, and slim profile matching customer product design
- Products suited for specialised applications
- Ecologically friendly
Why Choose Volex for Power Cords, Plugs, Connectors and Receptacles?
Volex customers for power cords, plugs and connectors benefit from strong technical expertise and global manufacturing and delivery. The Volex global factory footprint, which includes tariff-free manufacturing sites, an efficient global supply chain and logistics support, enables reduced product lead time and efficient cost management. Volex engineering teams can customise power cords, plugs, connectors and receptacle solutions to a customer’s specific requirements and provide quick turn custom design samples supported by skilled local sales and field applications engineering (FAE) teams.
Dynamic design and development capabilities support our diverse product portfolios. Rigid reliability tests, and 100% electrical tests, ensure total product performance. Volex always strives to fulfil customer expectations in the best way possible.
Reasons to select Volex for power cords, plugs, connectors and receptacles include:
- Reliable solutions and custom designs that meet or exceed applicable safety and industry standards
- Comprehensive coverage of world-wide safety approvals
- Quick turnaround and cost competitiveness enhanced by automation
- Expert support from local engineering and sales teams across over 20 countries
- Availability of tariff-free manufacturing sites
- Continuous product evolution to offer best solutions and long-term value to customers
Contact Volex for Power Cords, Plugs, Connectors and Receptacles
Contact Volex for further assistance with power cords, plugs, connectors and receptacles.