2-Pin Plugs and 3-Pin Plugs
Volex is a leading manufacturer and supplier of 2-pin plugs and 3-pin plugs. Volex 2-pin plug and 3-pin plug products are sold to manufacturers for a broad range of electrical and electronic device, equipment, and appliance applications.
Whether the end-user requires frequent plugging and unplugging, or plug and forget, Volex will have the right 2-pin plug and 3-pin plug solution to meet any design requirement.
Volex offers the following 2-pin plug and 3-pin plug products portfolio depending on applicable safety standards:
- World-wide range of safety approvals for applicable plug types
(A, B, C, D, E/F, G, H, I, J K, L, M & N)
- Straight and angled versions
- Plugs with flat and/or round pins
- PVC or halogen-free overmould
- Standard or housing/anti-tracking types
- Insulated or non-insulated pins
- Fused or non-fused
- Filtered plugs with radio interference suppression choke
They can also be called: 2-point plugs, 3-point plugs, 2-pole plugs, earthing plug, 2-prong plugs, 3-prong plugs, 2-wire plugs, 3-wire plugs.
2-Pin Plugs and 3-Pin Plugs Product Portfolio
Volex offers a complete portfolio of 2-pin plugs and 3-pin plugs for all countries, regions, types, and safety marks.
|Regions / Countries||Plug Types||A||B||C||D||E||F||G||H||I||J||K||L||M||N|
|North America||UL/cUL, CSA||X||X|
Please scroll to the right to see more information.
Volex 2-pin plugs and 3-pin plugs are offered with many different options and customisations. For each product line, customisation options may affect any of the following:
- Plug profile (shape of overmould, cable grips, thumb grip, strain-relief, etc.)
- Overmould hardness and/or texture
- Pin blade texture finishes and plating
- Plug/connector overmould and cable jacket colour variants
- Special markings on plugs/connectors or cable jacket
- PVC jacket texture and/or softness
- Cable length variants and flexibility and/or reliability performance to suit application
- Special hanking/binding methods and packaging (labels, pin caps, PE bags)
- Other specifications
Applications / Markets for 2-Pin Plugs and 3-Pin Plugs
2-pin plugs and 3-pin plugs from Volex are used in a wide variety of applications and markets. Examples include:
Business and IT Peripherals
- Laptops and Notebooks
- Point of Sale Systems
- Game Consoles
- Sound Systems
DIY and other Equipment and Appliances
- Extension Cords
- Power Tools
- Pressure Washers
- Replacement Power Cords
- Sewing Machines
- Water Pumps and Air Pumps
- Air Conditioners
- Microwave Ovens
- Refrigerators and Freezers
- Steam Irons
- Vacuum Cleaners
- Washing Machines
- Clinical Diagnostics
- Medical Therapy Systems
- Patient Care Systems
- Patient Monitoring
- Surgical Systems
- Hair Curlers and Dryers
What are 2-Pin Plugs and 3-Pin Plugs?
2-pin plugs consist of two flat or round pins with one called “hot” or “live” and the other called the “neutral”. When connected to an electric circuit, the current flows from the live pins through the copper conductor and into the device.
3-pin plugs have an additional earth pin (also called ground pin) which serves as protection against electric shock.
Features of 2-Pin Plugs and 3-Pin Plugs
Volex 2-pin plugs and 3-pin plugs offer different features to suit customer needs:
- Designed with built-in quality through sound component selection and applied best industry manufacturing practices
- Pass the stringent reliability test standards required by various safety agencies world-wide
- Matched with quality electrical cables that uses virgin copper and meets required safety standards
- Offered in modern-looking designs that compliment a product’s sophisticated design
- Designed with reduced PVC overmould to minimise environmental footprint
- Utilize pass-through 100% in-line continuity testing to deliver expected market and end-use performance
- Updated to meet the latest safety and environmental regulatory standards
Why Choose Volex for 2-Pin Plugs and 3-Pin Plugs?
Volex 2-pin plugs and 3-pin plugs customers benefit from strong technical expertise and global manufacturing and delivery. Volex global factory footprint, which includes tariff-free manufacturing sites, an efficient global supply chain and logistics support, enables reduced product lead time and efficient cost management. Volex engineering teams can customise 2-pin plug and 3-pin plug solutions to a customer’s specific requirements and provide quick-turn custom design samples supported by skilled local sales and field applications engineering (FAE) teams.
Dynamic design and development capabilities support our diverse product portfolios. Rigid reliability tests, and 100% electrical tests, ensure total product performance. Volex always strives to fulfil customer expectations in the best way possible.
Reasons to select Volex for 2-pin plugs and 3-pin plugs include:
- The Volex brand is a manufacturing leader in meeting power industry standards
- Reliable solutions and custom designs that meet or exceed applicable safety and industry standards
- Comprehensive coverage of world-wide safety approvals
- Quick turnaround and cost competitiveness enhanced by automation
- Expert support from local engineering and sales teams across over 20 countries
- Tariff-free manufacturing sites availability
- Continuous product evolution to offer best solutions and long-term value to customers