Wires and Cables
Volex is a leading manufacturer and supplier of power cords and cable assemblies that use wires and cables as main components. To be one of the best and biggest in the industry, Volex uses consistent, high-quality components and raw materials to deliver the best products possible to the market. This attention to sourcing has allowed Volex to develop a strong expertise in wires and cables.
Wires and cables are used directly, or as part of a sub-assembly, by manufacturers of a broad range of electrical and electronic devices, equipment, appliances, automotive vehicles, and many other applications. Volex offers wires and cables that meet a wide range of safety standards for various destinations and applications. Regardless of the level of customisation, or whether manufactured in-house or requiring third-party collaboration, Volex will have the right product solution.
What are Wires and Cables?
Electric wires or cables are typically made up of copper conductors with a PVC or rubber insulation and/or jacket. Type and size of conductors and insulations, or jacket, vary depending on the application. The term “wire” typically refers to a single electrical conductor, while “cable” refers to multiple single wires that are contained by an overall jacket or sheathing.
Wires and Cables Technical Information
Wires / cables from Volex are offered with many different options and customisations. These options include:
- Wide range of cable types and sizes following various standards such as UL, IEC (EU/CCC) and PSE or hybrids
- Varying cross sectional area of copper strands and the number of strands to provide the needed flexibility
- Different compound formulations to withstand abuse based on required application.
- Special cosmetic finishes which may include special colours or texture to make the cable unique
|Max. Current H
|Flat PVC||H03WH2-F||NI SPT-1||VCTFK||RVV||227 IEC 52 300/300 70℃|
|H05WH2-F||NI SPT-2||➖||➖||227 IEC 53 300/500 70℃|
|Round PVC||H03V V-F||SVT||VCTF||RVV||227 IEC 52 300/300 70℃|
|H05V V-F||SJT||VCT||RVV||227 IEC 53 300/500 70℃|
|H03VH-Y||➖||➖||➖||227 IEC 41 300/300 70℃|
|H03VH-H||➖||➖||➖||227 IEC 42 300/500 70℃|
|H03V2V2-F||HPN||➖||➖||227 IEC 56 300/300 90℃|
|H05V2V2-F||➖||➖||➖||227 IEC 57 300/500 90℃|
|Figure 8 PVC||SPT-1||VFF||RVB|
|Round Rubber||H05RR-F||SJ||YZ||245 IEC 53 300/500 60℃|
|H07RR-F||➖||YC||245 IEC 66 450/750 60℃|
|H05RN-F||SJO||YZW||245 IEC 57 300/500 60℃|
|H07RN-F||➖||YCW||245 IEC 66 450/750 60℃|
|Round Textile||H03RT-H||➖||➖||RX||245 IEC 51 300/300 70℃|
Applications / Markets for Wires and Cables
Wires and cables from Volex are used as a raw material or part of sub-assembly in a wide variety of applications and markets. Examples include:
- Game Consoles
- Sound Systems
Business and IT Peripherals
- Laptops and Notebooks
- Point of Sale Systems
- Uninterruptible Power Supplies
DIY and other Equipment and Appliances
- Extension Cords
- Power Tools
- Pressure Washers
- Replacement Power Cords
- Sewing Machines
- Water and Air Pumps
- Air Conditioners
- Microwave Ovens
- Refrigerators and Freezers
- Steam Irons
- Vacuum Cleaners
- Washing Machines
- Clinical Diagnostics
- Medical Therapy Systems
- Patient Care Systems
- Patient Monitoring
- Surgical Systems
- Hair Curlers and Dryers
- Shavers and Trimmers
- Cars and Other Vehicles
- Tractors and Farm Vehicles
- Air-Conditioned Containers
- Heavy Equipment
Features of Wires and Cables
Volex wires and cables can have different features to suit customer needs. These features include:
- Wide range of safety approvals and compliances
- Single wires or multiconductor cables in popular colours
- Varying temperature and flammability ratings
- Low or high copper stranding to meet required flexibility
- Custom end finishes such as coiled in reels or pre-cut or pre-processed blunt cut, removed outer jacket, sheathed, stripped, conductor twisted and tinned, conductor twisted and tip slit, etc.
- Various cable types: PVC, rubber, braided, shielded cable, etc.
Why Choose Volex for Wires and Cables?
Volex customers for wires and cables benefit from strong technical expertise and global manufacturing and delivery. The Volex global factory footprint, which includes tariff-free manufacturing sites, an efficient global supply chain, and logistics support, enables reduced product lead times and efficient cost management. Volex engineering teams can customise wires and cables to a customer’s specific requirements and provide quick-turn custom design samples supported by skilled local sales and field applications engineering (FAE) teams.
Dynamic design and development capabilities support Volex’s diverse product portfolios. Rigid reliability tests and 100% electrical tests ensure total product performance. Volex always strives to fulfil customer expectations.
Reasons to select Volex wires and cables include:
- Volex is trusted for quality which is represented across all its products
- Strong design capabilities on both wires and cables and power cords/cable assemblies allow product designs to complement each other and deliver the best possible performance
- Top product features and strong manufacturing processes help Volex achieve desired product performance and reliability