V-Lock Locking Plugs, Connectors and Receptacles, IEC Locking Connector Inlets and Outlets
Volex is a leading manufacturer and supplier of power cords and related products such as V-Lock locking plugs, connectors and receptacles, along with IEC locking connector inlets and outlets. These locking products are sold to manufacturers for a broad range of electrical equipment, appliances, and many other applications.
Whether the end-use requires frequent plugging and unplugging, or plug and forget, Volex will have the right product solution to meet design requirements.
Volex offers the following V-Lock locking plugs, connectors and receptacles, IEC locking connector inlets and outlets products portfolio below:
- V-Lock C13 IEC Connectors
- V-Lock C17 IEC Connectors
- V-Lock C19 IEC Connectors
- V-Lock C21 IEC Connectors
- V-Lock C14 Plug Connectors
- V-Lock C20 Plug Connectors
- IEC Locking C14, C18 and C20 Inlets
- IEC Locking C13 and C20 outlets
They can also be called: locking connectors, locking plug connectors, locking plug receptacles, V-Lock connectors, V-Lock plug connectors, and V-Lock receptacles.
V-Lock Locking Plugs, Connectors & Receptacles, IEC Locking Connectors Technical Information
Volex V-Lock products and IEC locking connectors were designed specially to help address common problems in data centres during installation and maintenance. The benefits are as follows:
- One step plug or unplugging during installation
- Eliminates the risk of accidental pull-outs during rack maintenance
- Prevents loosening of connection due to poor insertion during set-up or system vibration
- Improves troubleshooting turn-around time
- Provides flexibility to equipment makers that used to have fixed power cord mounting.
For each product line, customisation options include:
- Single or combo safety approvals
- Straight connector with straight or angled plug connectors
- Length variants to minimise cable clutter
- Colour coding schemes for faster connection tracing
- Special logo or marking for brand identity
- Connector and plug connector special profile to address special needs
- Cable flexibility to meet layout demands
Inlets and outlets available in screw-on and snap-on type versions
Applications / Markets for V-Lock Locking Plugs, Connectors & Receptacles, IEC Locking Connectors
V-Lock locking plugs, connectors and receptacles, IEC locking connectors from Volex are used widely in data centres. They also have a wide variety of other applications and markets. Examples include:
- Game Consoles
- Sound Systems
Business and IT Peripherals
- Laptops and Notebooks
- Point of Sale Systems
- Large format Printers
- Uninterruptible Power Supplies
- Power Distribution Units (PDUs)
- Commercial LED Displays
DIY and other Equipment and Appliances
- Extension Cords
- Power Tools
- Pressure Washers
- Sewing Machines
- Water and Air Pumps
- Microwave Ovens
- Vacuum Cleaners
- Washing Machines
- Clinical Diagnostics
- Medical Therapy Systems
- Patient Care Systems
- Patient Monitoring
- Surgical Systems
- Massage Chairs
- Treadmills and Other Exercise Equipment
What are V-Lock Locking Plugs, Connectors, Receptacles, & IEC Locking Connectors?
V-Lock locking plugs, connectors and receptacles, IEC locking connector inlets and outlets are commonly configured as part of jumper cords and the appliance or equipment that matches with them. This locking feature provides an end-to-end positive locking mechanism that engages with its mating inlet or outlet.
Just like any standard connector, plug connectors, inlets and outlets follow the IEC standards to fulfill each country’s requirements to obtain requisite safety marks.
Features of V-Lock Locking Plugs, Connectors & Receptacles, IEC Locking Connector inlets and outlets
V-Lock products and IEC locking connectors offer different features to suit customer needs, including:
- Easy to manage – no extra step required
- Clicking sound will confirm engagement
- V-Lock inlets/outlets compatible with standard connectors
- Wide buttons allowing easy access to disengage
- Can withstand 25 kg pull force
- Wide safety approvals coverage
If damaged, due to excessive force, will allow reinsertion
Why Choose Volex for V-Lock Locking Plugs, Connectors & Receptacles, IEC Locking Connectors?
Volex customers of V-Lock locking plugs, connectors, receptacles, and IEC locking connectors benefit from strong technical expertise and global manufacturing and delivery. The Volex global factory footprint, which includes tariff-free manufacturing sites, an efficient global supply chain, and logistics support, enables reduced product lead times, and efficient cost management. Volex engineering teams can customise V-Lock and IEC locking connector solutions to a customer’s specific requirements and provide quick-turn custom design samples supported by skilled local sales and field applications engineering (FAE) teams.
Dynamic design and development capabilities support Volex’ diverse product portfolios. Rigid reliability tests, and 100% electrical tests, ensure total product performance. Volex always strives to fulfil customer expectations in the best way possible.
Reasons to select Volex V-Lock locking plugs, connectors and receptacles, and IEC locking connectors, inlets, and outlets over competitors include:
- Locking mechanism is part of the connector and plug connectors, doing away with loose parts that can be misplaced and are prone to damage
- Positive locking mechanism notches to the inlet’s body and does not grip to inlet poles. This avoids metal scratches that may accumulate metal particles, causing failure due to arcing
- No protrusions, like in competitive locking mechanisms, that may cause entanglement and disconnections
- Volex V-Lock products remain usable even when excessive pull force is accidentally applied. The V-Lock design will not cause damage to inlet pins that may prevent temporary insertion while waiting for service
Contact Volex for V-Lock Locking Plugs, Connectors & Receptacles, IEC Locking Connectors
Contact Volex for further assistance with V-Lock locking plugs, connectors, and receptacles, along with IEC locking connector inlets and outlets.