Splitters, Duo Cords and Trident Cords
Volex is a leading manufacturer and supplier of power cord related products such as splitters, duo cords, and trident cords. Volex splitters, duo cords and trident cord products are sold to manufacturers for a broad range of electrical and electronic devices, equipment, appliances, and many other applications.
Whether the end-use requires frequent plugging and unplugging, or plug and forget, Volex will have the right product solution to meet design requirements.
Volex offers the following splitters, duo cords and trident cord products portfolio below:
- C14 IEC Plug Connector with Dual C13 IEC Connector Outputs
- C14 IEC Plug Connector with Triple C13 IEC Connector Outputs
- C14 V-Lock IEC Plug Connector with Dual C13 V-Lock IEC Connector Outputs
- C20 IEC V-Lock Plug connector with Dual C19 IEC V-Lock Connector Outputs
- IEC C20 Plug Connector with Dual C19 IEC Connector Outputs
- NEMA 5-15 Plug with Dual C5 IEC Connectors
- NEMA 5-15 Plug with Dual C13 IEC Connector Outputs
They can also be called: splitter cables, power cable splitters, trident charging cables, extension cord splitters, and splitter adapter extension power cables.
Splitters, Duo Cords and Trident Cords Technical Information
Volex splitters, duo cords and trident cords are offered with many different options and customisations.
CSA Std C22.2
|Input 18 AWG – Two Outputs 18 AWG
Input 16 AWG – Two Outputs 16 AWG
Input 14 AWG – Two Outputs 14 AWG
CSA Std C22.2
|Input 18 AWG – Three Outputs 18 AWG
Input 16 AWG – Three Outputs 16 AWG
Input 14 AWG – Three Outputs 14 AWG
For each splitter, mix and match of configuration may include the following:
- Choice of NEMA 1-15 plug, IEC C14 or C20 plug connector with either IEC C5, C13, or C19 connector depending on required rating and application
- IEC locking connector (V-Lock) options for C13 and C14 IEC connectors. and C19 and C20 plug connectors
- SJT and SVT cable options to meet the exact requirement of installation without the need to overspend
- Wide selection of colours and variable lengths to reduce connection clutter
Applications / Markets for Splitters, Duo Cords and Trident Cords
Splitters, duo cords and trident cords from Volex are used in a wide variety of applications and markets which include:
- Decorative Lights
- Home Entertainment Systems
- Household Vacuum Cleaners
- Industrial Scanners
- LED Displays
- Professional Audio Equipment
- Stage Lights
What are Splitters, Duo Cords and Trident Cords?
Splitters, duo cords and trident cords are cable terminations that allow a single electrical socket to provide power to multiple appliances or equipment. They are on set-ups where equipment is positioned close together and have limited sources of power. They also improve cable management and promote ease in cable installation.
Features of Splitters, Duo Cords and Trident Cords
Splitters, duo cords and trident cords offer different features to suit customer needs. Off-the-shelf solutions for fast-track requirements or customised versions to the exact special need solution. Features may include:
- Various number of extensions or outputs, exit angles/directions, and cable lengths to efficiently manage connections
- Custom colours and labels for identification and ease of installation
- Different cable sizes and types to meet the required current and temperature ratings
- Highly flexible cable options for demanding bends and turns
Why Choose Volex for Splitters, Duo Cords and Trident Cords?
Volex customers of splitters, duo cords and trident cords benefit from strong technical expertise and global manufacturing and delivery. The Volex global factory footprint, which includes tariff-free manufacturing sites, an efficient global supply chain, and logistics support, enables reduced product lead times and efficient cost management. Volex engineering teams can customise splitters, duo cords, and trident cords to a customer’s specific requirements and provide quick-turn custom design samples supported by skilled local sales and field applications engineering (FAE) teams.
Dynamic design and development capabilities support Volex’ diverse product portfolios. Rigid reliability tests, and 100% electrical tests, ensure total product performance. Volex always strives to fulfil customer expectations in the best way possible.