Splash-Proof Plugs, Connectors and Receptacles
Volex is a leading manufacturer and supplier of power cords and related products such as splash-proof plugs, splash-proof connectors, and splash-proof receptacles, including IP44 plugs and IP55 plugs. Volex splash-proof plug, connector and receptacle products are sold to manufacturers for a broad range of electrical and electronic devices, equipment, appliances, and many other applications.
Whether the end-use requires frequent plugging and unplugging, or plug and forget, Volex will have the right product solution to meet design requirements.
Volex offers the following splash-proof plugs, connectors, and receptacles products:
- 2P Splash-Proof Plug Receptacle
- IP44 2P Splash-Proof Receptacle
- IP44 Schuko Splash-Proof Receptacle
- IP54 Splash-Proof EU 2P Plug
- IP54 Splash-Proof Schuko Plug
They can also be called: splash and dust protected plugs, splash and dust protected plug receptacles, and Schuko sockets.
Splash-Proof Plugs, Connectors and Receptacles Technical Information
Volex splash-proof plugs, connectors and receptacles are offered with many different options and customisations. For each product line, customisation options include:
- PVC or rubber cable for indoor or outdoor applications
- Cable conductor size from 0.75 mm2 to 1.5 mm2 rated 16A / 250V
- Customisable plug receptacle cover markings
- Various power cord assembly colours
- Cable length variants
Various matching plugs for plug receptacles
Applications / Markets for Splash-Proof Plugs, Connectors and Receptacles
Splash-proof plugs, connectors and receptacles from Volex are used in a wide variety of applications and markets. Examples include:
- Extension Cords
- Lawn Mowers
- Power Tools
- Pressure Washers
- Replacement Power Cords
- Water and Air Pumps
- Other DIY and Outdoor Equipment or Appliances
What are Splash-Proof Plugs, Connectors and Receptacles?
Splash-Proof plugs, connectors and receptacles are products that are designed with various levels of ingress protection (IP) against solids and liquids, with ratings such as IP54 and IP44. An IP54 rating means the product is protected against significant entry of dust and water splash from any direction, which is critical for certain applications. An IP44 rating means the product is protected against water splashing from any direction and objects of greater than 1 mm.
Features of Splash-Proof Plugs, Connectors and Receptacles
Splash-Proof plugs, connectors and receptacles offer different features to suit customer needs, including:
- Products are VDE certified
- Options for outdoor and indoor use are available
- Plug receptacles have automatic closing gates to prevent accidental grounding while disengaged
- Plug receptacles have end caps preventing water and moisture to penetrate while not in use
- Ergonomically designed body to provide a better grip for ease in handling
- Available in popular colours
Why Choose Volex for Splash-Proof Plugs, Connectors and Receptacles?
Volex customers of splash-proof plugs, connectors and receptacles benefit from strong technical expertise and global manufacturing and delivery. The Volex global factory footprint, which includes tariff-free manufacturing sites, an efficient global supply chain, and logistics support, enables reduced product lead times and efficient cost management. Volex engineering teams can customise splash-proof plugs, connectors and receptacles solutions to a customer’s specific requirements and provide quick-turn custom design samples supported by skilled local sales and field applications engineering (FAE) teams.
Dynamic design and development capabilities support our diverse product portfolios. Rigid reliability tests, and 100% electrical tests, ensure total product performance. Volex always strives to fulfil customer expectations in the best way possible.
Reasons to select Volex for splash-proof plugs, connectors and receptacles include:
- Volex is one of the leaders in the power cords industry producing hundreds of millions of power cords annually
- Strong design capabilities allow Volex to meet the highest cosmetic standards and pass the most stringent test requirements on various products
- Volex applies its best product features and manufacturing processes to achieve desired product performance and reliability
- In-house capability to extrude cable offers better control of quality, faster product launches, and shorter delivery lead-times
Contact Volex for Splash-Proof Plugs, Connectors and Receptacles
Contact Volex for further assistance with splash-proof plugs, connectors, and receptacles.